No straight New Year’s resolutions from me this year, not that I’ve really done them in the last few years, but they are a good marker to set some sort of goal for the year. I like the idea of the 3 year look-ahead goal instead, so I think I’ll do something like that instead of the traditional New Year’s resolution.
Here’s a list of things I’d like to happen within the next three years:
- Do an eight minute mile. (doesn’t sound fast, but I’m doing about 11 -12 minutes a mile right now, and my knees kill me after every run.
- Draw more. Ink something
- Write out ideas for stories. Sketch and layout one or more of these stories, does not have to be “finished”, just need to get something down on paper.
- Paint! (could be water color, gouache, acrylic and/or oil and/or tempera paint.)
- Publish more drawings, sketches
- Write more, there have some great comics at our library, and I should write the ones I read, up, as some of them have bee really great , and some have been real disappointments. It would be nice to have a record of them for other casual readers who don’t visit a comic book store, but would like to know what’s worth picking up.
- “Finish” the walls in the basement. (And the combination of me and Sophia will “finish” the basement to be used the way we originally intended at the end of three years)
- Have the bathroom plumbing in the basement completed.
I’ll post this now and update it when I have more time…