We had our transgender model at open drawing at the Art Students League again. She is a tough one to draw, something about her proportions, but in general these came out better than the first set I did of her.
No straight New Year’s resolutions from me this year, not that I’ve really done them in the last few years, but they are a good marker to set some sort of goal for the year. I like the idea of the 3 year look-ahead goal instead, so I think I’ll do something like that instead of the traditional New Year’s resolution.
Here’s a list of things I’d like to happen within the next three years:
- Do an eight minute mile. (doesn’t sound fast, but I’m doing about 11 -12 minutes a mile right now, and my knees kill me after every run.
- Draw more. Ink something
- Write out ideas for stories. Sketch and layout one or more of these stories, does not have to be “finished”, just need to get something down on paper.
- Paint! (could be water color, gouache, acrylic and/or oil and/or tempera paint.)
- Publish more drawings, sketches
- Write more, there have some great comics at our library, and I should write the ones I read, up, as some of them have bee really great , and some have been real disappointments. It would be nice to have a record of them for other casual readers who don’t visit a comic book store, but would like to know what’s worth picking up.
- “Finish” the walls in the basement. (And the combination of me and Sophia will “finish” the basement to be used the way we originally intended at the end of three years)
- Have the bathroom plumbing in the basement completed.
I’ll post this now and update it when I have more time…
This happened over the winter break, and I haven’t had time to fully recover from this, yet.
In short, this group of hackers aligned with Pakistan hijacked my other blog at seanleong.com/blog (DON’T FOLLOW THAT URL).
WHY I was singled out, I will never know, I’m pretty sure I never said anything disparaging against Muslims, Pakistan or Islam, but their web site said they were hacking to defend against “enemies” of Islam and Pakistan.
My feeling is that they are just assholes using that as an excuse. That being said, I’m trying to recover all of my old content and will be trying to port it over to this blog.
I’ve recovered the text content from the old database, but I have to find all the old picture files as well. This is going to take a while…
In the meantime, as much as I’ve been able to, I’ve taken down all access to the former blog at that old URL. Please take it off any RSS feeds/readers you may have pointed to it.
Cheers, and hope this never happens to any of you, it’s really disruptive…
P.s. (a little rant) I am a supporter of Islam, I hate that it’s become OK to discriminate against Muslims in this country. One is my biggest heroes is Malik El Shabbazz (Malcolm X), and one of my best friends from high school is a Muslim, (hi Yusuf!) It’s these dogmatic fundamentalists that I despise, be they Muslim, Christian or Jew. I think it’s abhorrent that this group used the “defender of the faith” excuse for their insidious activities, and all they are doing is alienating Islam further, in the eyes of many if their victims, by perpetuating the stereotype of religious freaks trying to suppress free expression of ideas.