Short pose night at the Art Students League, haven’t had a male model in a while. This guy was great, very wiry older gent who looked like “ecorché man” from my art academy days. He very much felt like a living embodiment of an Egon Schiele painting the whole time. Started trying to sketch with watercolors, needs work…
No straight New Year’s resolutions from me this year, not that I’ve really done them in the last few years, but they are a good marker to set some sort of goal for the year. I like the idea of the 3 year look-ahead goal instead, so I think I’ll do something like that instead of the traditional New Year’s resolution.
Here’s a list of things I’d like to happen within the next three years:
- Do an eight minute mile. (doesn’t sound fast, but I’m doing about 11 -12 minutes a mile right now, and my knees kill me after every run.
- Draw more. Ink something
- Write out ideas for stories. Sketch and layout one or more of these stories, does not have to be “finished”, just need to get something down on paper.
- Paint! (could be water color, gouache, acrylic and/or oil and/or tempera paint.)
- Publish more drawings, sketches
- Write more, there have some great comics at our library, and I should write the ones I read, up, as some of them have bee really great , and some have been real disappointments. It would be nice to have a record of them for other casual readers who don’t visit a comic book store, but would like to know what’s worth picking up.
- “Finish” the walls in the basement. (And the combination of me and Sophia will “finish” the basement to be used the way we originally intended at the end of three years)
- Have the bathroom plumbing in the basement completed.
I’ll post this now and update it when I have more time…